FUJITSU Image Scanner fi-7280
Combo A4 flatbed / ADF scanner offers best performance out of its class
The fi-7280 provides unmatched performance and market-leading document imaging capabilities. The device scans A4 portrait documents at 80 ppm/160 ipm (200/300 dpi), and is capable of loading up to 80 sheets at a time and scanning up to as many as 11,000 sheets a day.
- Versatile scanning with both flatbed and ADF
- Skew Reducer to ensure stable feeding
- Paper Protection function to protect documents from damage
- Ultrasonic multi-feed detection for security against lost images
- Backlit LCD for easy operation viewing
- Comes with PaperStream IP and PaperStream Capture providing advanced image processing functions
- Comes with 2D Barcode for PaperStream
- PaperStream ClickScan also available for ad-hoc use to scan in 3 simple steps
- PaperStream Capture Pro software available as a premium option
Safe and reliable scanning for a seamless workflow
The fi-7280 provides stable paper feeding mechanisms, and ensures speedy and high quality scanning without relying on PC performance.
Prevent multi-feed errors with reliable feeding functions
With brake rollers functioning as the fundamental mechanism to separate each sheet of paper for clean feeding, the scanner's high quality technologies provide reliable paper feeding. The Skew Reducer also helps improve feeding performance and prevents re-scanning that can result from document edges getting cut off. Even if papers jam, the Paper Protection function keeps precious documents safe by detecting anomalies in sound and monitoring paper feed distance so that users can comfortably scan their important business documents.
Independent separator rollers ensure that a document that is skewed will not affect the alignment of following sheets.
Minimizing risk of document damage with Paper Protection function
The Paper Protection function detects anomalies in sound and monitors paper feed distance. The fi-7280 keeps your important papers from being damaged.
Advanced software improves workflow before and after scanning
The functions of PaperStream IP and PaperStream Capture, scanner driver and capture software for fi Series respectively, improves operators’ overall productivity, by reducing the number of operations before and after scanning.
For passport and ID card scanning, personal information such as full name, document number, nationality, contained in the MRZ* (Machine Readable Zone), can be extracted for efficient entry of customer information.
*Supports recognition of MRZ on passports and ID cards, as defined by the ICAO (International Civil Aviation Organization). Passport MRZ layout is defined as two rows of 44 characters each (Doc 9303 TD3 format). ID card MRZ layout defined as three rows of 30 characters (TD1 format) or as two rows of 36 characters (TD2 format).
Stress-free usability with a user-friendly and versatile design
Scan various documents with a single scanner
Equipped with a built-in flatbed, this scanner can scan fragile documents and thick books, impossible to scan with ADF.
Easy and comfortable scanning operations
Use the LCD operation panel and backlit display, to scan directly from the scanner with the job-registration function, and complete various operations from adjusting scanning settings to checking existing error statuses on the scanner itself.
Advanced software for maximized efficiency
Connect business workflow with PaperStream IP and PaperStream Capture
The PaperStream IP scanner driver, supporting both TWAIN/ISIS, eliminates the need of making fine setting adjustments for OCR processes. It automatically converts images into exceptionally clean images, accelerating OCR even when scanning wrinkled, soiled and patterned documents.
With an intuitive interface, PaperStream Capture allows users to feed information into their organization's workflow through various capture features during batch scanning effectively and efficiently.
Streamline workflow with automatic functions
The software is designed to maximize administrator and user usability. Operation is simple to eliminate time spent on sorting scanned images and boost overall productivity.
Documents divided with barcodes and patchcodes are automatically sorted into appropriate folders with a few quick configuration processes. Automatic sorting allows users to load mixed batches while focusing on other tasks.
Utilize advanced optional capture software - PaperStream Capture Pro
A high-quality, front end scanning software, PaperStream Capture Pro, enhances fi Series scanners' superior scanning abilities with an improved feature set that includes options for high level data extraction and indexing, the import of electronic images, and support for multi-station licensing.
|Scanner Type||ADF (Automatic Document Feeder) / Flatbed, Duplex|
|Scanning Speed*1 (A4 Portrait)
|ADF||Simplex: 80 ppm (200/300 dpi)
Duplex: 160 ipm (200/300 dpi)
|Flatbed||1.7 seconds (200 dpi)|
|Image Sensor Type||Color CCD x 3 (front x 1, back x 1, Flatbed x 1)|
|Light Source||White LED Array x 3 (front x 1, back x 1, Flatbed x 1)|
|Optical Resolution||600 dpi|
(Color / Grayscale / Monochrome)
|50 to 600 dpi (adjustable by 1 dpi increments), 1,200 dpi (driver)*5|
|Output Format||Color: 24-bit, Grayscale: 8-bit, Monochrome: 1-bit|
|Background Colors||ADF: White / Black (selectable)
Flatbed: White (or optional black)
|Document Size||Maximum*6||216 x 355.6 mm (8.5 x 14 in.)|
|Minimum*7||50.8 x 54 mm (2 x 2.1 in.)|
|Long Page Scanning*8||5,588 mm (220 in.)|
|Document Size (Flatbed)||Maximum||216 x 297 mm (8.5 x 11.7 in.)|
|Paper Weight (Thickness)*9||Paper||27 to 413 g/m² (7.2 to 110 lb)*10|
|Plastic Card||1.4 mm (0.055 in.) or less (ADF)*11*12|
|ADF Capacity*13*14||80 sheets (A4 80 g/m² or Letter 20 lb)|
|Expected Daily Volume*15||11,000 sheets|
|Multifeed Detection||Overlap detection (Ultrasonic sensor), Length detection|
|Paper Protection||Lag detection, Sound detection (iSOP)*16|
|Interface*17||USB 3.0 / USB 2.0 / USB 1.1|
|Power Requirements||AC 100 to 240 V ±10 %|
|Power Consumption||Operating mode||43 W or less|
|Sleep mode||1.8 W or less|
|Auto Standby (Off) mode||0.35 W or less|
|Operating Environment||Temperature||5 to 35°C (41 to 95°F)|
|Relative Humidity||20 to 80% (non-condensing)|
|Environmental Compliance||ENERGY STAR®, RoHS|
|Dimensions*18 (W x D x H)||300 x 577 x 234 mm (11.8 x 22.7 x 9.2 in.)|
|Weight||8.8 kg (19.4 lb)|
|Supported Operating System||Windows® 11*19, Windows® 10*19, Windows® 8.1, Windows® 7, Windows Server® 2022, Windows Server® 2019, Windows Server® 2016, Windows Server® 2012 R2, Windows Server® 2012, Windows Server® 2008 R2, Windows Server® 2008*20, Linux (Ubuntu)|
|Included Software / Drivers||PaperStream IP Driver (TWAIN/TWAIN x64/ISIS), WIA Driver*21, Image Scanner Driver for Linux (SANE)*21*22, PaperStream Capture, PaperStream ClickScan*22, Software Operation Panel, Error Recovery Guide, ABBYY FineReader for ScanSnap™*22, Scanner Central Admin, 2D Barcode for PaperStream*22|
|Image Processing Functions||Multi image output, Automatic color detection, Blank page detection, Dynamic threshold (iDTC), Advanced DTC, SDTC, Error diffusion, Dither, De-Screen, Emphasis, Dropout color (None/Red/Green/Blue/White/Saturation/Custom), sRGB output, Hole punch removal, Index tab cropping, Split image, De-Skew, Edge filler, Vertical streaks reduction, Cropping, Static threshold|
|Included Items||ADF paper chute, AC cable, AC adapter, USB cable, Setup DVD-ROM|
- Actual scanning speeds are affected by data transmission and software processing times.
- Indicated speeds are from using JPEG compression.
- Indicated speeds are from using TIFF CCITT Group 4 compression.
- Selectable maximum resolution may vary depending on the length of the scanned document.
- Limitations may apply to the size of documents that can be scanned, depending on system environment, when scanning at high resolution (over 600 dpi).
- Scans folded documents of up to 297 x 432 mm (11.7 x 17 in.) with carrier sheet scanning.
- Scanning area limitations only apply when using the ADF. There are no limitations when using the flatbed.
- Capable of scanning documents longer than A4 (210 x 297 mm / 8.3 x 11.7 in.) sizes. When using PaperStream IP (TWAIN/ISIS) to scan at 200 dpi, the maximum scanning length is 5,588 mm (220 in.).
- Paper weight limitations only apply when using the ADF. There are no limitations when using the flatbed.
- Thicknesses of up to 127 to 209 g/m² (34 to 56 lb) can be scanned for A8 (52 x 74 mm / 2.1 x 2.9 in.) sizes.
- Capable of scanning up to 1.25 mm (0.049 in.) when scanning in landscape orientation at 300 dpi (80 ppm).
- Capable of scanning up to 3 cards at a time (Note: does not set more than one embossed card at a time).
- Maximum capacity depends on paper weight and may vary.
- Capable of setting additional documents while scanning.
- Numbers are calculated using scanning speeds and typical hours of scanner use, and are not meant to guarantee daily volume or unit durability.
- Intelligent Sonic Paper Protection.
- Connection with USB 3.0 / 2.0 requires the USB port and hub to support USB 3.0 / 2.0. Also note that scanning speed slows down when using USB 1.1.
- Excludes the ADF paper chute and stacker.
- fi Series scanners do not run with Windows® 11 and 10 ARM-based PCs.
- Requires PaperStream IP 1.60.0 or earlier and PaperStream Capture 2.8.2 or earlier.
- Functions equivalent to those offered by PaperStream IP may not be available with the Image Scanner Driver for Linux or WIA Driver.
- Refer to the fi Series Support Site for driver/software downloads and full lineup of all supported operating system versions.
|Brake Roller||PA03670-0001||Every 200,000 sheets or one year|
|Pick Roller||PA03670-0002||Every 200,000 sheets or one year|
|Black Document Pad (FI-728BK)||PA03670-D801||Black flatbed background pad|
|Carrier Sheets||PA03360-0013||Each package contains 5 carrier sheets|
|PaperStream Capture Pro Scan Station (DP)||PA43404-A675||PaperStream Capture Pro optional license|
Find out the details about your product's warranty and information on how to extend your warranty.Warranty Information (Worldwide)